Author Unknown

Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Mother Teresa

"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish."


Thursday, May 26, 2011

No, not yet...


Here we are, waiting again. I do believe this is the hardest part. Now that I've held my children, I'm going crazy trying to get them home!!

The next step is to have your paperwork submitted to U.S. Embassy in Ethiopia. This only happens on Wednesdays. To be submitted, you need the court decrees, birth certificates, and Ethiopian passports. We had a typo on the birth certificates, so that delayed us one week. We finally got that corrected and now have certificates with their names on them:

Kidist Michael Johnson
Liyon Michael Johnson

Don't worry! That's how they always do that. We'll get the middle names changed later :)

So, we had everything ready for submission yesterday. Then I got the sad e-mail from our coordinator that it didn't happen. Something about a conference at the Embassy and they only gave each agency a short time to submit files. Then I heard about a road blockage and our agency was late. Only one family was submitted (Yeah Andersons!!!) They are asking the Embassy if they can come back this week, but I'm not holding my breath. It looks like they'll try again June 1st.

We'll have some answers about a week later via an e-mail with their decision. If we clear, we'll set up an appointment to go pick up the children. If not, they need more paperwork or possibly a birth family interview.

After all this news, I decided chocolate was in order. I ate my share of it yesterday :) I did get some updated pictures from our agency! That was a ray of sunshine!


1 comments on "No, not yet..."

Jodi on May 26, 2011 at 4:54 PM said...

my heart is breaking!! Praying! Praying! Praying!

Post a Comment