Author Unknown

Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Mother Teresa

"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish."


Friday, June 3, 2011

We are submitted!!




It's official!! Our paperwork has been delivered to the U.S. Embassy in Ethiopia! Now they will review our file and let us know if we are cleared or if they need more information about the children. If we clear, we can schedule an appointment and book our flights. Sometimes, they ask for additional papers, police reports, or even have a member of the birth family come testify again. I'm hoping they do not make that request of us, as Liyon is from a region 500 miles away!

We would normally hear their response around Tuesday or Wednesday. But, earlier this week, we found out one of the super most important papers was not signed. Panic! So, we notarized and expressed new ones to Ethiopia. It should arrive at our agency on Monday and we are hoping this will only delay the answer by a few days. I've asked the embassy to contact me directly, so they will e-mail in the middle of the night with their decision and to schedule the appointment. I'll be up several times to check. So, I apologize now for the grumpiness and saggy eyes from the lack of sleep next week :)

It's already started happening. I guess your body just knows something important is coming. After checking last night at 4:00am, I finally drifted and had the craziest dream. Somebody had given us a HUGE amount of donations! It was more then I could ever fit in my luggage. Crazy part of it was...they were all hanging from the ceiling. I spent the rest of my crazy dream wondering how I was going to get the large boxes of diapers and clothes down. odd.

Two families in our travel group have cleared already!! We are soooo happy for them! I'm hoping the last two will quickly follow :)

2 comments on "We are submitted!!"

Unknown on June 4, 2011 at 6:19 AM said...

Hi Heather! Not sure how i've connected to blog previously, but keeping up and we had the SAME court date and are both waiting on Embassy dates for 2 toddlers. Ours are toddler boys. Anyways...would love to connect on email. 1blessedfam@gmail.com if you'd like. Blessings, cindy Richmond, VA

Jodi on June 7, 2011 at 11:11 PM said...

praying for y'all!!

Post a Comment