Author Unknown

Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Mother Teresa

"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish."


Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Unbelievable Friends


Do you remember the adoption dinner I posted about a month ago? One of my friends from childhood, Steve Drew, painted an AMAZING picture for the auction. I fell in love with it! I wanted to bid on the painting, but knew it would sell at a much higher price then we could afford right now. I was so happy that some of our best friends won the auction and I would be able to visit the painting at their house.

Gamali


Well, we came home from our trip late on a Saturday night. We were exhausted! It is so tough for one to experience that many emotions in one week! You are scared to go to another country, excited to meet your children, petrified of court, nervous to hear if we passed, elated to officially hug YOUR children, and the extreme sadness of driving away and leaving them there. We were walking in a daze.

I walked into the house and something caught my eye. The beautiful painting was resting over our entertainment center. I cried. I know Kyle and Becky read my blog, so I wanted to say THANK YOU again for the incredible gift. You have given us so much support along our adoption journey. Now I can't help but smile when I see the painting because it reminds me of one of the waiting children with our agency. We have high hopes he will have a new family soon!

(P.S. I found out my friend, Steve Drew, paints for a living. I would be happy to pass along his information if you are interested in having him paint something special for you.)

2 comments on "Unbelievable Friends"

Jodi on May 11, 2011 at 1:12 PM said...

what sweet friends!!! i thought of our special little guy when i looked at this painting on your blog after we returned from our trip!

Sharon @ Texas to Ethiopia on May 11, 2011 at 9:12 PM said...

WHAT a wonderful gift!!!!!! I so wanted to buy it and give it to you, but it would have taken people to go in with me on it to do it. I'm SO SO SO SO glad you get to have that painting!!! How sweet of Kyle and Becky!

Post a Comment