Author Unknown

Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Mother Teresa

"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish."


Sunday, May 8, 2011

A BIG Thank You!!


I can't even begin to describe the HUGE amount of love that has been showed to us during this adoption! I posted a little note on facebook and on my blog that we were collecting donations for the orphanage and the care center. We were OVERWHELMED with people that wanted to help!! Mike and I packed very light (Yes, me too, if you can believe it) and we were struggling with all the bags at the airports. About 175 lbs!! That is a great problem to have!! I didn't even get a picture of everything that we collected, but here is some of the great items donated!





A ton of clothes, medicine, formula, school supplies, toys and vitamins!


We also put together these little bags for the kids. They each had a few snacks, coloring pages, crayons, pipe cleaners, and a toy. The boys all had their very own matchbox car and the girls had a baby doll. We had plenty left over, and Sister wanted to save them for the new children that arrived.


We also received a generous amount of money from people with big hearts! We spent a lot of that on medicine before we left, but also bought tons of diapers and formula in the local grocery store.

I'm still collecting for the next trip and buying more items with the money donated.

I just wanted to say a GREAT BIG Thank you to all the people that have effected the lives of these precious, smiley children!!

James 1:27

1 comments on "A BIG Thank You!!"

Jodi on May 9, 2011 at 7:53 AM said...

soooo cool!!! and so sweet to see the girls holding their baby dolls every day when we went back! Such sweeties!!

Post a Comment