Author Unknown

Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Mother Teresa

"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish."


Thursday, July 7, 2011

Something is happening...


Good news - we found out Liyone can come home with the negative smear tests!!! They will continue to process the sputum test and send the results when complete. We do not have to wait and he can travel to the U.S once the embassy gives us the thumbs up!

We also heard the birth family has made the three day journey and is now in Addis for the Embassy interview! The Embassy has been notified and the earliest possible appointment is July 11th. We have all BEGGED the embassy to see her sooner. This would keep her away from her home for two full weeks and she needs to return home for medical reasons. Then today, we heard more good news!! The embassy wrote back and has agreed to see her tomorrow. They normally do not have interviews on Fridays, but will make an exception for her! I was SOOOO happy to hear we will be one step closer!!!

I know families have heard they have cleared right after the interview. I'm trying very hard not to get my hopes up! They only work half days on Friday and I'm not sure if they have everything they need to clear us. I've heard through the grapevine that it's taking several weeks to process the files. Since it's been 37 days for us, I'm hoping we'll be next :) I asked again about Kidist and the status of her case, but no reply to that question. I REALLY hope to get a surprise email saying they are both clear and ready to schedule an embassy date! Most of the month is booked up for appointments. So, if things go well, we can travel the last week of July or early August!!

And here's some more pictures from our agency:


2 comments on "Something is happening..."

Sharon on July 7, 2011 at 2:20 PM said...

That is great news that they will see her tomorrow! Please keep us posted! :)

Cami on July 7, 2011 at 11:10 PM said...

That is such terrific news Heather! Hoping you get the good news tomorrow..it will be a long time coming! We did hear that our corrected docs were submitted today so hoping we hear some news soon too. Lots of good thoughts your way!

Post a Comment