Author Unknown

Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Mother Teresa

"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish."


Monday, July 18, 2011

Our baby girl is cleared!!!


We officially received the news last night that our Embassy date for Kidist is August 2nd!! On Thursday, the U.S. Embassy asked which date we would prefer. After several days of waiting, we finally got the e-mail with the confirmation. What a relief!!

Now, you are probably wondering about Liyone. Nope, not yet. They are still missing some documents from the court. We were supposed to get them Friday, but as of today, they still have not arrived. Then they will be translated and submitted to the Embassy. The Embassy *hopefully* will be very happy and send us a clearance letter for him too.

I am booking the plane tickets today and we are taking a big risk :) If Liyone clears, they will let us use August 2nd to interview for him also. That gives us TWO WEEKS to get everything together and make the Embassy happy. If not, I'll have to extend my stay in Ethiopia with a hefty price to change the airplane tickets. Don't worry, if they don't have Liyone cleared by then, I'll be sitting on somebody's desk until it happens :)

I'm so excited to bring them home!! 10 DAYS until we leave! Pinch me! The day we come home (August 6th) will not only be the day the kids become Americans, but it is also Kidist's 1st birthday! I'm sure we'll ALL be craving some chocolate cake by the then :)

I also received some new pictures of Kidist. Too adorable!






5 comments on "Our baby girl is cleared!!!"

Sharon on July 18, 2011 at 3:36 PM said...

SO thrilled to hear this news and so excited for you all!!!! Happy day!

Nikki on July 18, 2011 at 5:10 PM said...

LOVING this news! Praying that everything comes together for Liyone quickly, and you can bring both your littles home... so, so soon!! :)

Sharon @ Texas to Ethiopia on July 18, 2011 at 7:00 PM said...

WAHOOOOOOOOO. I've felt so out of the loop since we were out of town. I don't blame you at all for staying in country until L clears...just don't let your visa expire...I read about a girl that did that once and it was NOT good. LOL. ;) And I didn't need those huge suitcases this last week, we had a small one for each of us. :) :)

one + one on July 19, 2011 at 2:44 PM said...

Yay Yay YAY!! Hoping to hear great news about Liyone soon, but today celebrating with you for Kidist!

Cami on July 21, 2011 at 12:29 AM said...

So so thrilled for you! Hooray!!

Post a Comment