Author Unknown

Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Mother Teresa

"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish."


Monday, July 11, 2011

Another loop


Here we go again! Hanging on tight. We thought our adoption roller coaster was just about to pull into the station and then we take a nose dive into another loop.

I didn't see this coming. As of Friday, the embassy had everything they needed to clear both of my babies. I was prepared for another night of checking my emails and hoping for that wonderful news that we cleared. We did receive an e-mail, but it said they need MORE PAPERWORK.

It seems the birth family told the Embassy extra information that the court decree does not contain. It is not conflicting information, just the beginning of the story. Now they want it in writing. They could possibly want an update to the court decree. We've also heard they need a witness letter - from Gambella!! Oh, I can see where either one of these can take a while to get. Especially, if the Gambella letter needs to be an original and somebody has to go pick it up (500 miles away). The head of our agency is going to the Embassy tomorrow to talk to them and find out exactly what is required for him to clear. He's also going to ask about the status of Kidist's case, since they do not reply to any e-mails concerning her.

The Embassy also told my friend that all the July appointments are now booked up. So, our best hope to bring the kids home is the beginning of August. I really want to leave early, but the Embassy said again not to make any travel plans yet.

So, now we are just hanging on tight and hoping this is the last loop.

0 comments on "Another loop"

Post a Comment