Author Unknown

Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Mother Teresa

"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish."


Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A little update


The director of our agency went to the Embassy yesterday to find out exactly what they need to clear the kids. They now are requesting a document from the courts that will clarify a statement the birth family made in the interview. It sounds like the courts are willing to type this up and we should have the letter by Friday. Then it will be translated and submitted. We *hope* to hear very good news next week.

The director also inquired about Kidist and they would not talk about her case. It all seems so strange. IAN suggested I send another email to the embassy tonight and let them know we are very frustrated and concerned. I'm dying to know the reasons they haven't cleared her yet! I'd be happy if they were just waiting to clear both children at the same time. But they gave each child a case number and said twice they would clear separately. I really, really hope we get some information from them tonight and not just another blah blah e-mail :)

I'll keep you posted!

2 comments on "A little update"

Kelley on July 13, 2011 at 4:42 PM said...

I'm still just so sick over this. I really hope somebody comes to their senses soon and you get to bring your babies home.

Jodi on July 13, 2011 at 7:28 PM said...

CRAZY!!! UNBELIEVABLE!! Love y'all!

Post a Comment