Author Unknown

Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Mother Teresa

"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish."


Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Still Waiting


Still waiting at number four...over eight weeks now.

1.5 weeks ago, our agency announced we will be working with two new orphanages. They said it would take a few weeks to start finding families for the children. I'm starting to count the days....how long is a few?

I feel like I'm pregnant and I don't have a clue when the due date is.

In the meantime, Mike's cousin reminded me of something funny.

Ethiopia has a different calendar. Right now it's the year 2002. Does that mean I'm eight years younger when I travel there?? No wonder I'm going twice. I'll be...errr...twenty....errr....something.

5 comments on "Still Waiting"

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane on April 27, 2010 at 7:35 PM said...

I can hardly believe it has been so long with no movement...we are #12 (baby girl list) and I know exactly what you mean about being pregnant with an unknown due date... Here is hoping for some movement and soon!

Anonymous on April 27, 2010 at 8:11 PM said...

LOL about the 2002.
STINK! About the 59 days....

Sharon on April 28, 2010 at 8:47 AM said...

Oh, the waiting... Hoping you will be moving on up soon.

The Little Family on April 29, 2010 at 6:35 PM said...

We are #21 on the baby girl list (and #6 toddler girl list). I also thought there would be movement soon after the new orphanage announcement, but I went into the office last week and spoke with my coordinator (Crystal - she is new) and she said that the two new orphanages are not official until the partnership is approved by the Ethiopian government and given the impending election in May - they didn't think the approval would happen until the end of June or July. If you didn't already know this - sorry to deliver bad news. It was kinda disheartening to me to hear it. But at least now I don't have such high anticipation for the movement to start as I did before she told me. I am resigning myself to not much happening in May. I am praying that it is all election related and that the elections will pass smoothly. Regardless, I'm still hoping for movement soon!

Becky said...

Oh sigh. I was so hoping I'd log on here today and see a #3 (or lower). I'm so sorry. Still praying! *hug*

Post a Comment