Author Unknown

Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Mother Teresa

"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish."


Saturday, April 17, 2010

I'm happy today




I saw this picture and thought it would be perfect for this next post!



I just wanted to thank all my good friends and family that regularly check our blog to see if we've moved up on the wait list. You have stayed with us and have been very encouraging. I know, it's been pretty stale for the last seven weeks! But...things might be changing...

Yesterday, our agency announced some incredible news:

-IAN has reached agreements with two new orphanages to place children with families! We hope to begin finding families for these kids in the next few weeks.
-IAN’s care home will be moving in the next few weeks. We have already outgrown our current location, so the new home will have eight rooms, and will house 10-20 more children.


Two new orphanages! The director who is arranging everything returned to the U.S. Friday afternoon after her long trip to Ethiopia. We don't know any details yet except they are working on the paperwork to get the ball rolling.

I'm not sure what this means for the wait list. I'm wondering if other agencies use the orphanages already or they are just opening up to adoption. So, we'll wait and see if it means a faster trickle of referrals or a bunch of children available all at once. I can't wait to find out. I'll keep you posted if I learn anything new!!!

2 comments on "I'm happy today"

Sharon @ Texas to Ethiopia on April 17, 2010 at 10:01 PM said...

ACK I thought you moved up a spot since you posted!!!! I think I might go crazy for ya this week. Crossing fingers!!!!

Becky said...

Aw, ^ me, too! I was scrolling down looking for a number picture! Maybe there'll be a change this week sometime! Still praying for y'all!

Post a Comment