Author Unknown

Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Mother Teresa

"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish."


Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Good news!


We heard great news yesterday that our embassy dates will probably not be delayed by the US government. It seems the investigations will only be with certain agencies and specific orphanages. IAN and Sele Enat are not on the list. Wew! Being on the waiting list is very hard. But those who have travelled ahead of us say it gets much harder! Once you see the adorable picture of your future child, every day is in slo-mo until you are standing in the orphanage. Adding weeks or months would have been torture. For the sake of my sanity(no wise-cracks), I'm very glad to hear this news.

Yesterday, they had a special on the travel channel about Ethiopian foods. The man was eating camel kidneys - RAW. How many oreos can you fit in a carry-on? Just kidding. I will try and be adventurous when I am over there...er as long as it's cooked. Besides, who could eat such a cute camel like this? Maybe Mike will let me bring one home :)

2 comments on "Good news!"

Sharon on March 9, 2010 at 2:33 PM said...

Heather---you're too funny! We actually saw camels while in Ethiopia, so cool! (but I definitely wouldn't want to eat one!) We did eat ox meat for the first time though, adn liked it! Our driver told us that a lot of people eat raw beef-it is considered a delicacy-but then he said a lot of them get sick, then they eat it again...
Don't pack too many oreo's, we loved the food! :)..and yes, I hate to say it, but the waiting does get worse!

Sidney on June 14, 2022 at 10:51 PM said...

This is a grreat blog

Post a Comment