Author Unknown

Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Mother Teresa

"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish."


Friday, March 26, 2010

Bit of news


Some good things are happening in the adoption world! Nope, we haven't moved up the list lately. We are still #4 but hoping for some list movement soon :)

Here's some other information we've heard lately:


I'm not a fan of the Obama Health Care bill, but I have to admit it has brought some surprising news to adopting parents.

1. The maximum credit was increased from $12,150 to $13,170.

2. The ATC is now retroactive to January 1, 2009. This represents a potential increase of $1,000 for adoptive families.

3. The ATC was made refundable. If a family has no tax liability, the IRS will refund the amount due.


Rumor has it that we might not be going to Ethiopia twice. One agency reported a new sign in the Ethiopian court building stating the rule was suspended. Another rumor says the Court President is out of the country and will make a decision later. The changes may not take effect until after the rainy season. My mind is mixed up if this makes me happy or sad. We would love to save the money, but I was getting really excited about seeing our little bundle earlier. I guess we are still waiting to know for sure...



I just got a little raise today! Starting out the weekend right :)

0 comments on "Bit of news"

Post a Comment