Author Unknown

Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Mother Teresa

"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish."


Thursday, June 30, 2011

This wait is not for sissies


As of right now, we have NO IDEA what is happening with our cases. We have asked for clarification that Liyone can come home with the negative smear tests and not have to wait on the sputum results. We haven't heard an answer. We also don't have a clue what is happening with his birth family interview. They tried to squeeze them in on Wednesday, but it didn't happen. They haven't set a new date yet, so I'm not sure what that means.

The embassy also wrote us back about Kidist's case. They received the additional paperwork they needed 10 days ago. When you ask the status of her case they say it is still under administrative review and will let us know when she clears. They give no further details about the delay.

In the meantime, the Embassy is running slow next month and the dates are filling up fast. I've heard the latest appointments are July 18th - July 25th. The best we can hope for now is to travel late July or early August. Don't be surprised if I go a little early. I'm really missing those kids!

Hopefully next week we'll have some good news to post!!




Man! I need to get to Ethiopia! How can you resist this cuteness??

3 comments on "This wait is not for sissies"

hollysue on June 30, 2011 at 6:13 PM said...

Beyond Cute! You're right - it's not for the faint of heart and I have just gotten to the barely hard part!

Sharon on June 30, 2011 at 8:53 PM said...

My heart is just aching for you! It is so hard not knowing when the "labor" will be over. Praying for you all tonight.

Jodi on July 1, 2011 at 6:49 AM said...

I know the unknown is killing you! Please rest in that God does know what is happening and He is caring for your babies. My quiet time today god lead me to PS 34:15 -22 "The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their cry...The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; He delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit...:

Post a Comment