Author Unknown

Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Mother Teresa

"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish."


Friday, October 15, 2010

Addendum




Here it is! We received our home study addendum and we are mailing it off to our agency and USCIS. This will allow us to adopt two children, either gender, up to age 10.

At our agency, we have a waiting list of children that are older and are waiting for a family. It was wonderful to see several of the boys disappear this week as families decided to adopt them. Congratulations to all of them!

Right now, we need to get to the top of the baby girl list before we are allowed to look at any older child's file. We are hoping for a boy, preferrably between the ages of 4-6. So many have been adopted lately, sometimes I wonder if there will be any available when it is our turn. I finally decided to leave it in the Lord's hands. If He wants us to adopt two children, He will put all the pieces together at the right time. I'm sure the Lord knows if we can handle two more children or if we are getting in over our heads. When we finally have all the pieces, I hope the decision will be easy to make and we'll be content.

I haven't heard anything about wait list movement. It has been a couple of slow months with referrals. I'm hoping things will speed up and these lists start jumping!!!

2 comments on "Addendum"

Sharon on October 16, 2010 at 11:12 AM said...

That is so exciting-I didn't realize you were doing that! Older kids are great! :)

Sharon @ Texas to Ethiopia on October 17, 2010 at 8:13 PM said...

Hey, you got to hold my Et baby today!!!!

Post a Comment