Author Unknown

Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Mother Teresa

"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish."


Friday, June 4, 2010

Books to read while waiting


Hopefully a week or two more and things will really start speeding up! In the meantime, I'm trying to keep busy and learn all I can about adoption and Ethiopia. Here is a book that I finished and highly recommend:

This is the story of Mrs. Haregewoin Teferra, a true account of a woman who helped hundreds of children in Ethiopia. It all started when someone asked Haregewoin to give a girl a home. Then another knock on the door, and then another, until she was running more than one orphanage. This book opens your eyes to what a typical day is like in Addis Ababa. It also talks about AIDS and how this epidemic is effecting the people and being handled by the government. Be sure to grab a BIG box of kleenex because the book is both very happy and very heartbreaking. Note: This book will make you want to adopt 37 children from Ethiopia :)


Here are two more books I just started. I've heard from the IAN yahoo group they were excellent also.


Fields of the Fatherless by Tom Davis

I'm Chocolate, You're Vanilla by Marguerite Wright (makes me hungry)

Just ordered this one....can't wait to practice on my...uhh...cat?

2 comments on "Books to read while waiting"

Jenna on June 5, 2010 at 7:33 AM said...

Thanks for the suggestions. I've been looking for more books to read this summer. :)

Sharon @ Texas to Ethiopia on June 5, 2010 at 9:14 AM said...

I was telling J last night that I really liked the hair book. I am going to have to go back to the library to get it again later on when she actually has hair to work with. there were a few cute dos in there!!!

Post a Comment