Author Unknown

Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Mother Teresa

"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish."


Thursday, February 4, 2010

Not the Mini!


My husband has brought to my attention that there is something in my life that needs to be replaced.

Here is a picture of what I drive now:

AAUUUGGH! I love my mini. And he does too. He wants to keep it and get it souped-up as his own personal race car. Where is is going to race around here? I don't know if he's figured that out. But, the mini has a pretty nice resale value and would make a great payment towards a gently used "larger" vehicle. A vehicle that would fit two car seats and have room to spare for the rest of us. I guess I should start watching cars to see what I like within our price range.

Ok, so I'm having a hard time giving this up. Most the time, after a few years, I can't wait to trade'er in and get something new and shiny. But, I've grown attached to this little car. It is just like driving a go-cart. And it has kept me safe in two different wrecks. The last one was a few months ago and a Hummer hit me at the bank. Can't say we one that one.

So, if you have any suggestions of a 4-door roomy, yet sporty vehicle, please let me know. If you suggest a mini-van, I will cry. I'm not ready to grow up.

6 comments on "Not the Mini!"

Shelby on February 4, 2010 at 8:56 AM said...

Oh no! I have a Mini, too, and am NOT getting rid of it when my daughter comes home. I've decided that she and my son will just have to learn to love the lack of space. So what if their growth is stunted from lack of space for their legs to grow? It's a great car! Good luck finding a replacement :)

Mike Johnson on February 4, 2010 at 4:03 PM said...

There's a racetrack down by Burleson

Sharon @ Texas to Ethiopia on February 4, 2010 at 8:51 PM said...

I LOVED my Pacifica and was SO SO SO sad to have to move up to a minivan. The minivan thing was hard for my ego. BUT...I have learned to really like my minivan (a Town and Country...the seats fold down!). Everyone said I would love one but I fought it tooth and nail. But oh it's so comfy. I now admit freely, that I really love my minivan. I still miss my Pacifica though...it will always be my favorite. :)

Becky said...

I do so love my Outback- is that too grown up? It's not really that spacious (can't hold three carseats) but it's pretty fun to drive. So if you get rid of your mini, what will we steal gold bars with?? ;P

Darren Burks said...

#1 - Racecar first, place to race second.
2# - Start crying....

Daniel Stahl said...

We've had a Ford Flex for about a year now and love it. It's roomier than most SUV's, and lower to the ground. I can barely sit in the 2nd row of a lot of SUV's, yet I am comfortable in the third row of the Flex. My 7 foot tall friend was comfortable in the first and second rows. Not sure if it's "sportier" then other crossovers, though, but much easier to drive than anything else of it's size. If it's in your price range, I would definitely check it out.

Post a Comment