Author Unknown

Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Mother Teresa

"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish."


Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Another change


We are now number 8! Somebody received a referral for a 5 week-old baby boy! How exciting. However, I am predicting it will start to move slower after this. This was the last, of what I like to call, our freebies. Freebies are people that are on multiple lists and jump off our list when they receive a boy or older child. I think all the families ahead of us are waiting for baby girls now. The good news is there shouldn't be a problem anymore with space at the orphanage and care center. A huge group of families are in Ethiopia right now picking up their kids :) They sound like they are having a blast since they all stay in the same guest houses. I hope we have several other families travelling with us too. The more I learn about other adoptive families in our agency, the more I am impressed. They all have great big hearts and good family values. It never hurts to have more freinds like that.

Have you noticed anything different about the blog? I'm learning how to create a blog from scratch. I'm even playing with all the HTML code and all that techy stuff. I have a LOT to learn and a LOT more to tweak, but it'll get there eventually. I even found an African kit that I might change to later.

5 comments on "Another change"

Sharon @ Texas to Ethiopia on January 26, 2010 at 12:48 PM said...

AAAAHHHH!! Every time I see a number change on your blog I want to holler!! A good holler, that is. Yeah for making room in the care centers. We have 2 groups a month that go.

I'm so rusty on my html...now there's all this other stuff that I have no idea how to use.

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane on January 26, 2010 at 4:42 PM said...

Yea for moving up the list! I love knowing that kids are being matched with their forever families!

Charity on January 26, 2010 at 9:47 PM said...

Great job on the blog - I AM SO NOT COMPUTER (or anything tech) SAVY. I have to agree about our agencies families. They are the best & I am loving the support you all bring. Very encouraging. Hopefully you'll move more next month. Since this month seems to be the month of the boy, maybe Feb will be the month of the girl!!
Blessings,
Charity

Becky said...

Wow- number 8! Even if it does move slowly the next few weeks, 8 is not very far to go! I'll keep praying for y'all!

Sharon @ Texas to Ethiopia on January 30, 2010 at 10:07 PM said...

I heard a rumor you were at 7. AHHHH!!! :)

Post a Comment