Author Unknown

Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Mother Teresa

"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish."


Thursday, April 14, 2011

Success!!!


Last weekend, my friend, Sharon held a fundraiser for Sacred Selections. This is an organization that gives grants to Christians to help offset the expenses in the adoption process. They have helped 35+ families so far! This auction was a HUGE success!! They raised over $9,000 with the golf tournament, dinner and auction!!












We were guest of honors at the dinner and they decorated in the colors of the Ethiopian flag. How cool is that??












Lots of Mexican Food! Yummmmm!!!

















Over 100 items for the silent and live auctions!! I couldn't believe how much time and love went into these donations! There was autographed memorabilia, beautiful paintings, a red picnic table, handmade pens, lamps, birdhouses, quilts and blankets. Incredible!!












Here is the great auctioneer! I love the jokes!












This is Dana who co-founded Sacred Selections and has the biggest heart ever! She loves her little babies from all over the world!! This sweetheart is from Ethiopia too and I'm sure our kids will be best friends soon!

1 comments on "Success!!!"

uciepek on October 29, 2011 at 12:37 AM said...

Keep it up, one day I read something about love I don't really remember where was it how ever...that is it "A baby is born with a need to be love and never out grows it."
God Bless You all families.

Post a Comment