Author Unknown

Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Mother Teresa

"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish."


Monday, January 24, 2011

Updates


So much has happened lately, I'm not sure where to begin :)

First, we are still waiting on a court date. Actually, we are waiting on a court date to get a court date. HUH? That's what I said! Since our sweet boy is from Gambella, we have been waiting for the paperwork stating our agency was approved to adopt from this region. Finally they have everything they need and MOWA is happy!! Except, they need a court date to present the paperwork. Right now, we are looking at early February, but tomorrow they are asking for anything sooner. This court date will be for all Gambella families and hopefully many will pass on that day!! I really hope we hear of a quicker date tomorrow. So, after the first court, we will get a second court date. This will be the date we travel to Ethiopia. We hope to be included in the group that is travelling in March, but at this point, I think I will be happy just to have any date :)

And so much paperwork lately!! The Ethiopian courts now require your I-171H to be notarized, certified, and authenticated by the U.S. and Ethiopian Embassy and in your dossier. This is new for our agency, so everybody has been jumping through hoops trying to get that taken care of before their court date. I finally mailed mine off today with a big sigh of relief!!

I am worried about our fingerprints that will expire a few days before court. This wasn't an issue until we realized that date was on the paper that is now required at court. Eeek! So, I've been begging the USCIS office for an appointment. Hoping they'll let us walk-in for our fingerprints and we can get that taken care of!

We have our homestudy update scheduled for February. It will be time to super srub the house again! All our paperwork will expire in June (18 months), so it will be cutting it close for us. We're going to update everything just in case.

Now on to better news. We decided to keep our kids' names as their first names! We are falling in love with them because they are such a big part of their Ehiopian history. We are still looking for American middle names if they ever want to switch. But I really hope we can teach them to be proud of their country, their names, and the wonderful meanings!

As I was typing this, I just received an update on the kids!!

our boy - "Active and socialable child. He is powerful boy"

baby K - "She is in good condition and trying to crawl" (what??!!? She's only 5.5 months!)

It just leaves a permanent grin! I can't WAIT to meet them!!

3 comments on "Updates"

Sharon on January 24, 2011 at 9:35 PM said...

Aren't updates the best?! Glad to hear that there is movement with the Gambella region.

Anonymous on January 26, 2011 at 1:04 AM said...

Powerful boy and trying to crawl??!!! Look out Momma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)

Kelley on February 15, 2011 at 5:18 PM said...

In our last update they told us that our A-Man was a powerful boy as well. I'm still trying to figure out what they meant...did you figure it out?

Post a Comment