Author Unknown

Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Mother Teresa

"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish."


Thursday, January 27, 2011

The first court date - February 11th


We have a court date...well, a court date before we get a real court date :) On February 11th, they will present the judge in Ethiopia with paperwork proving our agency can facilitate adoptions from the Gambella region. So, after the papers are presented, we'll get the real court date - the one we can travel to and be the legal parents of these precious kids.

Now that our case has been re-opened, I've been bugging my coordinator with questions she can't know the answer to :) How long after the 11th until we find out our date? Will we have to wait the typical two months again, or do you think we'll get anything faster? I know one other family in our position has been waiting a very long time and they definitely deserve a quick date. Of course, the answer is typically "soon." Is that soon as in a few days, or soon in relation to when these kids graduate college?? Yes, I'm getting a little antsy :) I've started a mental countdown until the 11th and it's not going very well. How many times a day can you check your calender to see if it's any closer?? I need some chocolate :)

1 comments on "The first court date - February 11th"

Robinsons on January 27, 2011 at 10:34 PM said...

I am thinking that March 17th sounds like a great day for your next court date:)

Post a Comment