Author Unknown

Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Mother Teresa

"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish."


Monday, December 27, 2010

Best Christmas present ever!!


Since we have received our referrals, I am amazed at the generosity and love that people have shown for us and our two little ones in Ethiopia!! I have to brag about a special gift because it was so overwhelming and came from such big hearts. I was told to hold it to Christmas, but I was about to burst at the seams trying to keep this secret!

I was talking to some co-workers the other day and they asked if my thirteen year old daughter would be able to go to Ethiopia with us. I told them she has been begging to go. She wants to give them hugs and kisses so bad and would love to be there on the trip home. But, money has been pretty tight lately and we didn't think we could swing another ticket.

A few hours later, my two bosses asked me into their office. They said they had a special gift for Adrian. It was a certificate for one round trip ticket to Ethiopia!!! I tried not to cry, but I knew how much this would mean to her. This is such an overwhelming gift and I hope they can see how much this means to our family. Thank you SOOOOOO much!

Here is a video of her opening the present. I didn't get it all...she spent a long time afterwards asking a million questions. Mainly, she couldn't believe they would give her such an incredible present...to meet her brother and sister and be able to experience their homeland. I hope she remembers every minute of it and will be able to tell them stories over and over.

2 comments on "Best Christmas present ever!!"

Robinsons on December 27, 2010 at 3:23 PM said...

How exciting! What an amazing gift for her!

Amy on December 27, 2010 at 10:43 PM said...

What an awesome gift! I love seeing people's generosity through adoption- makes my heart happy!

Post a Comment