Author Unknown

Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Mother Teresa

"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish."


Saturday, October 10, 2009

Why Adopt?


Many have asked us why we are adopting. Sometimes we would even get a raised eyebrow from those who don't understand why anybody would go through the expense, mound of paperwork, and roller coaster ride of emotions. I think it all started several years ago when my boss went to Russia to take shoes to the orphanages. She came back with lots of stories that made my heart ache. I guess I have lived a very sheltered life and hadn't spent much time thinking about what life would be like if I wasn't born American and with a loving family. My eyes were opened and I haven't stopped thinking about it. A few months ago, Mike and I were sitting at our favorite Mexican restaurant and trying to decide if we should have another child or adopt. As you know, all important decisions are made at Lupe's in front of a plate of nachos :) We knew we would love the child the same wherever she came from. Mike suggested we go for it and here we are. We are very excited about our future and can't wait to go to Africa to meet our newest member of the family.

There are going to be lots of bumps in the road with any international adoption. Please keep us in your prayers that everything goes as smooth as possible. And most importantly, please keep our little girl in your prayers...wherever she might be. She might still be in her mother's belly or she could already be in an orphanage. I don't know what sad event will cause her to be adoptable, but please ask God to watch out for her.

1 comments on "Why Adopt?"

Heather on October 14, 2009 at 9:35 AM said...

f

Post a Comment