Author Unknown

Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Mother Teresa

"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish."


Monday, September 20, 2010

Twenty more toes??


Mike and I have been doing a lot of soul searching lately and are starting to realize we would love to adopt TWO children from Ethiopia!! I have been staring at the waiting child list for so long and keep falling in love with so many of them. I asked my husband if this could be a possibility and he said we should go for it if timing and money works out. In fact, he was always wanting to adopt two children. I was the one that needed time to grow and think about this possibility.

This is only possible because of the wonderful IAN families!!! I was so scared in the beginning to adopt anything except a baby. After reading blogs for a year and being a part of the wonderful Yahoo group with our agency, it doesn't look too scary. So, to all of you wonderful people that have adopted older children...you know who you are...THANK YOU!!! Amy, Dardi, Jen, Sharon, Jenni...there have been so many! You have been so honest with the good and the tough times with these children. I know there will be hard times and I should take my rose-colored adoption glasses off. But I also see all the wonderful "firsts" you have had with your children. They look so happy and it is amazing their personality changes from the first referral pictures that are posted. And everybody says "I couldn't imagine my life without this child." Your families have been wonderful examples!

So, I don't know what the future holds for us. Timing will play a big part in adopting two children at once. We might only adopt a girl, but would like to keep our options open for two. So, we are updating our home study and are adding ourselves to two more wait lists...

Announcing...



# 4 baby girl







# 24 siblings (ages 0-5, youngest a girl)




# 8 toddler boy (preferably older)





And, of course, we will always keep a close eye on the waiting child list :) I'm not sure what the future holds for our family, but we are very excited about the new possibilities!

4 comments on "Twenty more toes??"

Charisa on September 21, 2010 at 2:38 PM said...

Oh! Exciting!! Much love to you as your journey becomes a bit more broad! :)

Chris on September 21, 2010 at 4:00 PM said...

Congrats on being added to additional lists!! My husband and I just had ourselves added to the Toddler Girl list (already on Baby Girl list) last Friday. Very exciting!

Amy on September 21, 2010 at 10:17 PM said...

That is awesome, Heather! I'm excited to see where this journey takes you!:)
Amy

3 Countries 1 Love on September 30, 2010 at 10:59 PM said...

This is so exciting to read! Can't wait to see what lies ahead for your family :)

Post a Comment