Author Unknown

Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it. But I'm afraid God might ask me the same question.

Mother Teresa

"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish."


Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Half a year


Today is six months at #4 on the baby girl wait list. There hasn't been a baby girl referral in half a year.

Am I worried? Yeah, I am a little. I know there have been TONS of referrals lately for other ages/gender. Twin and triplet baby girls have found their forever family. So, it's just a matter of odds. Which gives me hope that this crazy streak can't go on much longer. Right? To all my fellow friends out there on the top of the baby girl wait list who haven't moved in six months - go eat some chocolate! It will happen!

Patience
“Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears.” Barbara Johnson

“Patience, n. A minor form of dispair, disguised as a virtue.” Ambrose Bierce

5 comments on "Half a year"

meg on September 1, 2010 at 12:58 PM said...

I feel for you, I really do!I really hope that baby girl list starts moving too.

Just wondering, I really didn't think I needed to worry about vaccinations until after we got the referral, but after reading your blog, I guess I'm way wrong. Do you have any advice?
Thanks!

Anonymous on September 1, 2010 at 10:08 PM said...

Oh dear. "Half a year" makes it sound more painful.
Our daughters are not ready. There is a good chance they were not born 6 months ago when we were moving up the list in record speed.
We are getting closer =)

Sharon @ Texas to Ethiopia on September 2, 2010 at 4:51 AM said...

Oh this breaks my heart. :( :(

I would honestly call the director and have a nice long talk with him/her and see why their referrals are limited. I think the government assigns the children into the orphanages, and it goes from there, so technically if that's it then it should all be even across the board.

Heather on September 6, 2010 at 10:48 AM said...

Hi Meg, I would go to my doctor and get started on the Hep A and B shots. All the rest can wait until after your referral. We are waiting on the yellow fever and Malaria to see what area our daughter will be from. We might travel outside of Addis to visit her village.

This is me! on September 10, 2010 at 11:29 AM said...

I will be praying for you...that is such a long wait. I would be asking some direct questions for sure.
Thanks for posting about the "shots"...I was googling trying to find some answers.
I'm understanding that the cost is "up there"... is that what you found? $70.00 to $80.00 a shot?

We are going through America World and I have seen referrals listed each month for baby girls...some have got theirs within 4 months. I am concerned what is going on with the standstill.

I'll keep you in my prayers :)

Jennifer

Post a Comment